1) HONESTY – It ranks number 1 on my list! You need to work with someone you can trust and who is going to help you make sound decisions.
2) KNOWLEDGE – A good lender is one that has the ability to translate information given to them by the client into the perfect product for the client. A good lender can do this by understanding when it is appropriate to suggest a Conventional Loan, an FHA Loan or a VA loan.
3) PERFORMANCE – Someone shopping around for a mortgage lender should be interested in things like the lender’s closure rate, what their customer service policies are, how quickly a lender responds to questions and how well they keep their customers informed.
As your realtor, I am always happy to answer questions or guide you when it comes to things like selecting a mortgage lender who is just right for you and your situation.
Are you looking to buy or sell a house?
Contact me today: 630-728-4933
Check out this amazing article I found about curb appeal! This article, courtesy of The Lighter Side of Real Estate, provides at least 16 affordable projects and spruce ups anyone can do to make their home shine!
In this article you will see everything from foundation fix-ups to garbage can hide-aways. The best news is, they are all BUDGET FRIENDLY!
“The curb of your yard, and what can be seen from it, is often overlooked by homeowners. If you want to sell your house, it doesn’t hurt to have some serious visual appeal that captures approval at a distance. We’re going to get you rolling with some great ideas to accomplish that mission, while not having to break the bank.” – The Lighter Side Of Real Estate
Photographs, artile and tips courtesy of The Lighter Side of Real Estate
1. Is your house rockin’ an ugly cement foundation? Remedy the eyesore with some faux stone paneling.
Here’s where you can find the paneling.
2. Electric boxes, piping, and meters are all items that shouldn’t be standing out so starkly. Fix ‘em up with a color-matched paint job.
Need a guide? Check here.
3. Has your front door ever made you feel like turning around and going the other way?
Instead of spending a lot more money to replace it, try a healthy coating of paint and some outer molding made of foam. It’s inexpensive by comparison, but just look at the amazing difference it can make. Don’t know how to tackle something like this? Here’s the DIY.
4. It’s always pleasant to sit up against a big tree and read a book. It’s even better when you don’t have to worry about ants or grass stains.
Here’s a DIY for building an amazing tree bench.
5. Air conditioning units are an eyesore, no matter how you slice it. Here’s an example of how to thoroughly transform the situation.
With a little lattice or some flowering, you can make that big mechanical box essentially disappear.
6. Boring walls and windows are easy to spice up with some box planters and flowerbeds.
7. Not much respect is given to mailbox decor. Yet, it’s one of the first things people will likely see when they show up. Might as well make sure they take notice.
Here’s the DIY for this particular makeover. If you want to see some other amazing (and hilarious) mailbox ideas, check this article out.
8. Sometimes even a short stone walkway can make a huge difference in visual appeal. This one was created by Naturescapes.
9. You’d be surprised what a difference some simple shutters can make for enhancing your windows, visually. Choose the appropriately contrasting paint and enjoy the eye candy.
10. Concrete is so… gray. Here’s a trick. Use some floor stain and tape to give the appearance of tile. Now that’s slick! Learn more here.
11. Are guests having trouble finding your home by the address? Here’s a way to make it near impossible to miss.
12. Pergolas are great for giving you decor that can grow and be pruned to meet your specific needs.
13. Garage doors don’t have to be “blah.” For less than $10, you can add a little something to give your garage some style.
14. Amazon has some $23 solar powered spotlights that can give some serious illumination to your yard.
If you need something a little more creative, check out these lighting options.
15. Hide the hose! No, that’s not a college drinking game. There are many ways you can have your water hose out of sight and out of mind.
Amazon has a number of catchy pots that can do the job for you.
16. Seriously, can’t we do something about those nasty looking trashcans? Amazon and Plow & Health have some amazing storage sheds that would make Oscar the Grouch feel like he’s living in a condo.